Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Aug 9th first day of grinds

Alright guys and gals, after 2 weeks of double kb ballistic complex ladders(… man that’s a lot to say) I’m 100% back to where I was before the neck injury in those lifts. The next two weeks is grind block complexes, and because I’m not doing a whole lot of “wind” work (aka Cardio/ Vo2 Max Workout), I will add in a couple more serious variety days. Hopefully I will be fully back to my rite of passage by the 2 weeks end.

The rite of passage is 5 sets of military presses, in a 1-5 rep ladder with one 24 kg bell. I only need to get 1 more rung in my ladder- the last one of 5 reps. In essence I can do 1-2-3-4- but not 5 strict reps with my 24 kg. Before my injury I could do a 10 rung ladder (1-10 reps), but since the neck my strength endurance has been lacking. My 1 rep max has not suffered so much. So I believe it’s just a matter of work.

So the week should look like this:

Mon: kb grind complex/ turk day

- turk Get up work! 5 min

-double bell front squat (DBFSQ)

-double bell military press (DBMP)

Tues:

Variety day- push ups, back bends, pistols

Wed REST/RECOVERY!

Thurs:

Repeat Mon light

Friday: Rest Recovery

Sat: Repeat Mon light weight plus add hanging leg raises, rolling, and handstand holds to play with Christian and Eden my son and daughter.

So Heavy Monday looked like this:

Get up 5 reps each side with some grooving work (whatever needed to be unlocked. 16 kg for 3 reps and 24 kg for 2 reps.

DBMP- 1 rep- DBFSQ 1 rep,

rest repeat for 2 reps, rest and repeat for 3 reps, rest and repeat for 4 reps. The weight I used was a 24kg, and two stacked 12 kgs.

I did 5 sets of this ladder complex! With as much rest and recovery in between as I wanted to feel strong the next rung, and the next set. Usually I take about 2 minutes timed rest. Tomorrow I look forward to a day of Variety

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me for a FREE REPORT ABOUT YOUR GOALS!!!