Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sat.... Workout???

Don't worry I worked out Sat, it's just I didn't do swings or snatches. See each weekend I get in the backyard and normally do some weird stuff (i.e. push cars), so my son Christian gets interested. So on Fri when I got home from work I lost a bet with Christian, and had to play hide and seek, and tag for 4 hours, so I didn't have time to put in the training time with the swings and snatches. So on Sat. I had to find something I could do while hidding from Christian, lol.

In my opinion even though you should be seeking ideal movement in your grind movements, you should do so even more in your ballistics; in fast powerful movements your body is going to want to work efficiently so you must make sure the stablizers do their job- otherwise only primary movers will do the work. Furthermore because of the extra momentum which is added because of the nature of a ballistic you must be particularly in tune with your motor groove. Thus you need a little bit more attention to detail when you swing or snatch (or for that matter clean and jurk). So instead this on Sat I worked my Military Press, and hanging leg raise. 5 sets of 5 reps. Be back Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me for a FREE REPORT ABOUT YOUR GOALS!!!